July 06, 2021
As lash artist’s there is so much that we need to remember to do in order for our clients to be happy and coming back. That doesn’t only mean creating stunning lash sets, or having the most beautiful lash room, or even creating the most luxurious experience possible. ‘Cause even if you did all those things, if the eyelash extensions that you so beautifully put on all fell off, that client may never return. At the end of the day, what is most important to your clients is value. What does that mean? It means that your client wants her money’s worth. She not only wants a gorgeous lash set, but she wants that set to last her as long as possible. One of the ways to do this is taking care of the MVP in the lash game. Your ADHESIVE! That’s right. Your adhesive can make or break you. So, knowing how to keep your adhesive fresh as long as possible is crucial. Here’s a few tips on how to make sure your eyelash glue is on point til the last drop!
1. When you pour your adhesive into your glue ring , jade stone or glue tray make sure to use a small amount. This way your adhesive drop stays at its max potential and won’t get tacky from sitting out. This means you’ll be pouring more frequently, about every 20-30mins. But at least you’ll have piece of mind that your lash adhesive is fresh the entire time.
2. Air and adhesive just don’t mix. Air causes the adhesive to dry out quicker. After pouring you eyelash adhesive, make sure to burp the bottle. Doing this helps get the air bubbles out of the bottle allowing your adhesive’s shelf life to be longer. Always wipe the nozzle clean with non cotton wipe before putting the lid back on.
3. Talking about things not mixing, cotton and cyanoacrylate is another combination. When you put these two together it creates a chemical reaction. Scary I know! So no more using tissue to clean your glue nozzle. Instead you now can use our Adhesive Nozzle Wipes. These wipes are specifically created for this purpose. They’re lint free so you don’t ever have to worry about tissue stuck on your nozzle ever again!
4. Shaking your adhesive frequently is also very important. As lash adhesive sits without being used, it separates. If you use your adhesive without properly shaking it your retention will suffer. I recommend that if you don’t have an adhesive shaker, and your adhesive has sat for several hours without being used, that you shake it for at least 1-2 minutes. First you will, open your glue bottle and burp it, then you can proceed to place an adhesive nozzle wipe on the tip of the nozzle and shake it.
5. Another important factor to consider when keeping your lash adhesive fresh is storage. The best environment for lash adhesive is in a dark, cool place. An air tight glue container is great for this. You can store your unopened and opened adhesives in this container together. But only use it for your adhesives. Primers, super bonders and gel removers should all be stored away from your adhesives.
Our adhesive chart to see which adhesive will suit your lashing needs the best!
If you’ve done all of this and you are still struggling with your adhesive, then it may be time to part ways with that bottle and purchase a new one. Never over buy adhesive. It’s always best to buy as you go. If you have any other questions feel free to reach out at email@example.com.
Happy Lashing Dolls!
July 06, 2023
January 20, 2023
December 29, 2022